Sunday, January 19, 2014

Some Art work for my Works in Progress by Jacqueline Miller



Princess Fenella by Jacqueline S Miller

This is a quick sketch which I did this evening. I used black biro on white paper and then photographed it using the camera on my ipad.






 Princess Fenella is a character I've created for some Fantasy flash fiction stories I've been writing via the Mythic Scribes website. I drew her for the first time tonight, and she has appeared exactly as I imagined her.
Fenella is in love with the brave and handsome knight, Sir Cedric Lanceypot, who has gone on a quest to steal a gold cup from a dragon. If he is successful, the king will allow him to marry Fenella. Unfortunately, as usual, "the course of true love does not run smooth", and Fenella may have to go and rescue the knight.
I am now planning to turn this story into a book as a whole cast of characters has evolved with a PLOT. Hurrah! It is quite comedic (as usual) but it's turning serious now.

By the way, if anyone thinks writing Fantasy is an easy option, you need to reconsider. I've been having to learn about battles, armour, weaponry, clothes, chivalry, who accompanies knights on quests, dragons, how to get a knight in full chain mail off the top of a mountain, as well as many other things.



I think I will do some sketches of the other characters this week.
I'm going to experiment with using Art apps to colour in actual drawings that I can photograph and upload.

Unfortunately, Google did not let me upload it from the ipad to the blog, so I have had to send it to myself in an email and then upload it on a pc.
I was considering buying a digital tablet for art, but I think I can use the ipad to colour in my sketches.




                                                              Ruby and Jenny





This illustration is of Ruby and Jenny, in my WIP, Ruby and the Ancient Teacher. Ruby is invisible in the background as she is wearing a magic ring in the picture.It's quite hard to draw a picture of an invisible person!

This drawing was done using a combination of Paint for windows and Apple apps on the ipad. It entailed emailing the picture back and forth between a PC and an iPad. Some of it was drawn using a mouse and the rest using a stylus. The text was added in Paint on the PC.

Both drawings were done completely from imagination.

I'm going to experiment with colouring in the sketch and will post the results soon.

Jacqueline




No comments:

Post a Comment